Starting from this phrase of Manoel de Barros, I developed the concept of “provisional landscapes”.
A photograph of an original landscape undergoes a physical intervention, a tear, opening the possibility for another plane. A plane made up of matter. This new image is re-printed and reprinted, but this time two copies are printed that are pasted back and forth. The image is then torn again and disfigured, its tips nailed to the wall.
A landscape in this case must emancipate itself from the romantic representation to gain space and become autonomous experience.
What makes an image to be believed or not? The fact is that depends on our own cultural background , since we were kids we were taught to take what we see for granted. Our brain always looks for an old solution in its repertoire to decipher a new riddle, I’ve seen it before, I already know what it is, I know where it’s going, why it’s here and what is it for. That way when we put one image next to another, they entangle and suggest a common meaning. One image opens the path for the other, so culture propagates language styles. In this case the single cloud against the blue background suggest a cloud in the sky , no doubt about that ... but in fact is just a 20 cm piece of smoke shot in the studio against a painted blue background. The cloudy sky in the other hand is real and has a natural scale. So I am trying to raise questions about the way we trust what we see . Visual reality has always been manipulated and photography plays...
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
• 2012 - Nowadays. Atelier Fidalga Study Group, coordinated by Sandra Cinto and Albano Afonso, São Paulo, Brazil.
• 2014 Film Directing Course at Met Film School, London, England.
• 1997 Course at ICP (International Center of Photography), New York City, USA.
• 1991 Graduated in Social Comunication at PUC-RS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil.
• 2015 “O Universo Azul é uma cabine”. Paço das Artes, São Paulo, Brasil.
• 2013 “Demasiado”. Central Gallery / Project Fidalga space, São Paulo, Brazil.
• 2012 “Mediações de Risco”. Central Gallery, São Paulo, Brazil.
• 2011 “Ruínas em Construção”. Lunara Gallery, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
• 2001 “LOA”. Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
• 2001 “LOA”. Centro Cultural Usina do Gasômetro, Porto Alegre, Brazil
• 2016 “Translocaciones - Imágenes de una Nueva Era Fotográfica”. Galería El Museo, Bogotá, Colombia.
• 2016 “Fotografia Transversal - Artistas Iberoamericanos Contemporaneos”. Galeria Fernando Pradilla, PHotoEspaña, Madrid, Espanha.
• 2016 “Abstracción”. Galeria Fernando Pradilla, Madrid, Espanha.
• 2015 “La Silueta y La Fábrica”. Casa da América, PHotoEspaña, Madrid, Espanha.
• 2014 “Ruína em Construção”. 5ª Mostra São Paulo de Fotografia, Central Gallery, São Paulo, Brazil.
• 2014 “Cidades...